Saturday, November 30, 2013

Title Page and Copyright Page - Notes to Self.

I do some book publishing as a hobby.

These are just notes I've made on how I do Title Pages and Copyright Pages.  I'm not saying they're the way everyone does them, but I need to be consistent in my own works.


Title Page:


TITLE

[A Novel] by (author name)

(location of publishing house)
(name of publishing house)
(year of publication of this edition)


Copyright Page:


Copyright (C) (year of original copyright)
(author name)
(author website)

--

(ordinal) Edition

Published (month) (year)
[First Edition Published (month) (year) - only include if not first edition]
(name of publishing house)
(address of publishing house)
(publishing house website)

All rights reserved.
(fine print legal notices)

Printed (month) (year)
(name of printer)

(ordinal) Edition: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 D (with as many knocked off from the right as needed to indicate the current printing of this edition, D means draft and should be knocked off once the item is for sale commercially.)

No comments: